Wednesday, July 13, 2011

leaf miners

Some sort of leaf miner is attacking the zucchini and summer squash.  I could remove the affected leaves, but honestly, the plants would be decimated in the process.  I think it is too close to harvest to spray with even an organic insecticide/repellent.  On the web I found advice that says to spray olive oil on the underside of the leaves.  I think I'll go out there with my Trader Joe's spray on olive oil to see what happens.  I don't think it can hurt!

Did some more work under the deck stairs today and cultivated all the beds.  That creeping weed is a real nuisance, and it is hard to keep it at bay.  I also watered some of the beds, with the hose, reluctantly, since the rain barrel has no water left.  There is a chance of thundershowers later in the day, but things were so dry out there I decided to err on the safe side and water.

No comments:

Post a Comment