Friday, July 29, 2011

harvest increases

Finally! For the last few days we have been able to get our daily vegetable quota from our own garden.  We are harvesting chard, beans, summer squash, scallions, zucchini, carrots, and cherry tomatoes.  There is also some room in the first raised bed to plant second crops, and I plan to plant more carrots, beets, and perhaps beans (The beans are a bit risky.  I usually don't plant them after July 15).  This next week I'll plant our second pea crop and turnips. If I can find some broccoli plants I'll put those in, too.  I have my doubts.  I wish I had planted some in the spring.  I am the only one who eats broccoli, and I guess I thought I would just buy it at the farmer's market. We have also consistently had a handful of raspberries each morning.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for your success with the Grow Camp and hope you do not suffer the same fate we did. I will be writing much more regarding our Grow Camp fiasco in about a week when all of the technical and financial details are finished.

    Continued blessings for bountiful crops!
    Donna
    grandma4five

    ReplyDelete